Duration: 16 hours
Certificate: Certificate of Completion / Qualification Course Scoring Sheet
Required Equipment: Students should bring their desired carry firearm and holster without ammunition.
This class is designed to provide students wishing to obtain their MD Wear and Carry permit with the skills and objectives set forth by MD State Police.
Class Topics: Class covers the following lessons:
• Review of pistol fundamentals
• Legal statues regarding carry
• Legal consideration in using deadly force
• Physiology and psychology of a deadly encounter
• Carry methods
• Practical exercises, including: pistol presentation from concealment, stress inoculation, and dry fire drills
• Basic trauma care (tourniquet application)
• Addressing edged weapon and self-defense
• This class requires successful passing of a course of fire
All participants must bring a government-issued ID and signed waiver to class.
To begin the registration process, choose a course date from the list below.